I removed the marquetry top to faciliate replacing the many missing floral parts. It was also necessary to remove the strut that was only held in pace by metallic supports.
I replaced the missing pieces of veneer that made up the bouquet of flowers within the lozenge as well as in the frames and the border mouldings that form a ribbon. The same went for the strut with its floral marquetry that connects the turned legs. I refilled the different gaps and missing pieces, fine sanded and gave it a finish. It was necessary to enhance the darkened part, typical to this king of furniture, notable on the turned legs. I refreshed the tint in some parts and sponge-applied a varnish to the whole piece before replacing the marquetry top.